How to get an Employer Identification Number

To provide for fast issuance of an Employer Identification Number (EIN), the IRS has set up Tele-TIN Units at each service center. To use this service, you need only to complete a Form SS-4 and call the Tele-TIN unit.

The following information will help you get an EIN quickly, over the phone:

If you need a Form SS-4 you can get it online from the Internal Revenue Service or if you have Adobe on your system, you can download it here Form SS-4

Back to the top of the page

The basics for getting an EIN over the phone:

Use Tele-TIN for emergencies and requests that must be expedited.

Don't use Tele-TIN for out of the country employer requests or for anything other than an EIN request.

Back to the top of the page

Important! The Form SS-4 must be signed by one of the following:

Back to the top of the page

The IRS Tele-TIN Unit telephone number is 1-866-816-2065

Back to the top of the page

If you need assistance with tax matters please contact us at (310) 540-5300 or by E-mail.

to "Useful info"

© 1996 Roscoe & Swanson, Accountancy Corporation. All rights reserved.

Last revised: November 28, 2007